Pub Reviews In Sheffield
If you'd like to review a pub, we'll add it to the Sheffield Pub Guide web site. All you have to do is click on the link below and fill in one simple form!
The views and opinions expressed below are those of the reviewer and are not endorsed or necessarily shared by Sheffield Pub Guide.
I have been to the Moorlands on a number of occasions and find the food to be excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend to anyone.
- Chris & Tammy Purcell, 19/08/2010
Went for a birthday meal and we had to send our food back. Microwaved veggies, leather chips, no content to the coconut curry... I could go on. I never complain but our night was ruined.
- A Sykes, 18/08/2010
Visited recently with friends for a first visit, we returned two days later such was the quality of the real ale (Bradfield Brewery) and service.
The pub is clean and tidy and the staff not only attentive but knowledgeable. As the Bradfield Brewery tap we were expecting good things from their beers, we were not disappointed. Between us we tried all the beers (5) being served, all of them were bright, crisp and full of flavour and character.
The food looked appetising and fresh and one of the group had eaten at the Nag's before and commented on the high quality of the food being served. The beer garden is pleasant although just an extension of the car park. The farm next door does produce its own odours though!
All in all a great pub which we will definitely be revisiting.
- Dave Etheridge, 09/08/2010
After over a half-hour drive in the pouring down rain, we eventually unloaded the kids and went into pub to be faced with not only a set of rules for children to abide by but no highchairs or child seating whatsoever.
Very disappointed. Do not go unless your children are of the seen and not heard variety, as requested on the rules board.
- Sinead Peckham, 07/08/2010
I have visited this pub on numerous occasions. I usually settle for the Thornbridge ales. These ales are always distinctive and enjoyable.
However on my last visit I tried a pint of Czech lager (Bernard). It was dispensed completely flat and tasted oxidised. I complained to the barman, who was abrupt and rude. The manager eventually came and informed me it was meant to taste that way!
I work in a brewery so was unconvinced by his excuses. He refused me a refund even though I only consumed a mouthful.
Needless to say I won't be returning to this pub after such shocking customer service.
- Thomas, 06/08/2010
Sheffield FC, great food, great beer. What's not to like?
- Tom, 05/08/2010
Probably my favourite Sheffield pub, although it won't be to everyone's taste. It's very old fashioned with only 1 lager on tap. It does however have a good range of real ale and it's the home of Little Ale Cart brewery, whose beers are to be found only here and at the Wellie's sister pub in Worcester. Little Ale Cart do a lot of pale hoppy beers so if that's your taste you'll be happy here.
The staff are very knowledgeable and very friendly, as are the punters. As to the prices, I took some mates from Essex there a few months ago and they were astonished to find beers from their local brewer a pound cheaper then they could find them near the brewery! The Wellie may have its eccentricities but that's why we love the place.
- Tom, 05/08/2010
This place is beer pornography. Loads of Thornbridge beers, hundreds of imported goodies, lush decor. What's not to like?
- Tom, 05/08/2010
Being desperate to find suitable accommodation that is not too expensive, I was unfortunate to stay in the Old Crown Inn B&B (sleeps). I would advise others to avoid. The reasons are these:
1. The bed was not re made every day, with clean sheets or pillow cases. I had to sleep on the same sheets for 4 days.
2. No breakfast was available!
3. Shower and sink not cleaned all the time I was there, at least there was hot water. Did not dare use shower as I was dirty.
4. The Crown Inn is on a main road constant noise for traffic outside. Was woken up many times from 4 in the morning on wards.
5. The other guests very noisy, woke me up at 6AM for 3 days.
6. Forced to stay, as I wanted to cancel my first booking, due to a situation beyond my control, they refused, claiming the would have to charge me the full amount for the time I would have stayed, thus forcing me to re-book with them at a later date and force me to stay there. After hearing, I checked out their terms and conditions. It stated that they could only charge someone if they were unable to find someone else to have the room and not simply because someone cancels their booking.
7. Paid up front even though had not used the room.
- Jon Shand, 04/08/2010
A proper old fashioned pub. Only two real ales on, but worth a visit if you are nostalgic.
- David Crossfield, 03/08/2010